24 February 2021

Poetry: Introduction at University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies starts March 1

 It's been an incredibly busy year so far. At the University of Ottawa, I am writer in residence, which has its particular sweet challenges online. And I'm teaching a fourth-year creative writing workshop I devised called Blowing Up Fiction. Again: especially challenging online.

But it's going well. It's busy times. I am doing less editing and more teaching. I really wish I was living in Ottawa for these four months. I wish I could meet with the students in person and create in-person events. But Zoom works pretty well.

Over at the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies I am in my eight semester of teaching A Grammar Handbook, so that one is pretty easy for me. But on Monday I begin my first real creative writing course there: Poetry: Introduction. It will be conducted through both synchronous and asynchronous methods (i.e., live stuff online and then modules containing lessons), and I've spent weeks adapting the existing course to my own teaching methods, priorities, and interests: and what I think would work best for people just getting into poetry or who in the early parts of their poetry career.

If you are interested in enrolling in that course, or know someone who might be, here is the link.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home