19 November 2013

Indie Lit Market bounty!

The November 16 Meet the Presses Indie Literary Market in Toronto was perhaps the best small-press showcase I've yet attended. The Market is unique in that we members of the Meet the Presses collective curate this event: it's not a first-come, first-admitted event, or a free-for-all. We have limited space, and we want to make sure that people attending the Market are going to find amazing things there.

Because I was mostly stuck behind my own table, and simultaneously watching the Meet the Presses info table that featured the bpNichol Chapbook Award shortlisted titles, I didn't get to all the tables I wanted to explore. Also, things were busy at my table, where I did extremely good business, especially with my four new Proper Tales Press chapbooks, by Sarah Burgoyne, Paul Vermeersch, Tom Walmsley and me. I was sure fortunate to get my hands on Sarah's, Paul's and Tom's manuscripts.

Here's what I acquired at the Market:

André Alexis, A (BookThug, 2013)
John Barlow, Open Field Writing: work in progress (garden of poetics, 2013)
Jessica Bebenek, I, family (Loose Ends Press, 2012)
Christopher Bowen, We Were Giants (sunnyoutside, undated)
Anhvu Buchanan, The Disordered (sunnyoutside, 2013)
Michael e. Casteels, full moon loon call (Puddle of Sky Press, 2013)
Nathan Dueck, @BillMurray in Purgatorio (above/ground press, 2013)
Brecken Hancock, Husha (above/ground press broadside, undated)
illiterature, issue 3, edited by Michael e. Casteels (Puddle of Sky Press, 2013)
David McFadden, the poetry of our age (Letters, 1986)
Daniel Perry, Ode (undated)
Nicholas Power, Public Denial Poem (The Writing Space, 2003)
Rampike Vol. 22, No. 2, edited by Karl Jirgens (2013)
Kevin Spenst, Retractable (serif of nottingham, 2013)
Stone the Crows! Vol. 2, No. 2, edited by Larry Cowan (Fall 2013)
Caroline Szpak, Pomeranian Front (Horse of Operation, 2013)
Souvankham Thammavongsa, Light (Pedlar Press, 2013)
Adrienne Weiss, Production 1060: The Oz Monologues (Junction Books, 2013)
Zhush Redux: An OUTwrites Anthology, edited by Terence Go (OUTwrites, 2012)

It's probably lucky I didn't get to some of the other amazing presses' tables, because I would've gone broke.

Over and out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home