02 November 2009

HARDSCRABBLE first

OK, I've started yet another small literary mag. This one is called HARDSCRABBLE: A Little Magazine of Poetry. Just picked up the first issue from the photocopy joint last Thursday. It features new work by six authors, three or four poems each:

Nelson Ball
Alice Burdick
Loren Goodman
Susan Kernohan
David W. McFadden
Hugh Thomas

This little mag is a dream for me, because I desperately wish I'd written everything in it. I think that'll be my criteria. I also think this is one of the best poetry mags around: and it's a modest 28 pages, so you can actually read the whole thing.

HARDSCRABBLE first costs $5 postpaid in North America. You can write me at hardscrabble [at] bell [dot] net for a copy or two or send me some PayPal money at hunkamooga [at] sympatico [dot] ca.

All the contributors for this mag have been specially invited, and for now that's the way I'm going to keep things. I've already got work from two great writers for HARDSCRABBLE second.

Over and out.

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2009 6:02 am , Blogger young and all but dead said...

how do I get a copy down here in Australia? Perhaps the first copy to reach this far :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home