20 April 2009

Al Purdy ... If I'm not sick, I'll be there.

OK, I got sick on my travels east. I am coughing and snorfling. But if I am better on Tuesday, this is where I'll be (and where you might like to be, too, regardless of my health):

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
8:00 - 11:00pm
The Dora Keogh Pub
141 Danforth Avenue, Toronto

Please help us spread the word! Invite your friends!

On the ninth anniversary of his death, we will gather to pay tribute to the legacy of "The Voice of the Land," the late, great poet Al Purdy.

And to raise funds for the Al Purdy A-Frame Trust, there will be a raffle and a silent auction of rare Purdy memorabilia courtesy of the Trust and Eurithe Purdy. Admission by donation, PWYC. Donations over $50 (cheques accepted) will be eligible for a tax receipt. Additional raffle tickets will be sold separately.

With tributes by:

CHRIS BANKS
DANI COUTURE
LYNN CROSBIE
JOHN DEGEN
ELYSE FRIEDMAN
DAVID W. MCFADDEN
A.F. MORITZ
KATHERINE PARRISH
STUART ROSS
DAVID SEYMOUR
KAREN SOLIE
NICK THRAN
PAUL VERMEERSCH
and MORE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home