26 October 2008

Canzine today!

A great poetry workshop with teens yesterday at Oakville Public Library. Nearly 20 of them signed up, and they each produced nearly 10 poems in the three-hour session. As always, some of them were more vocal than others, but eventually they all read aloud, and there was some really excellent material. It'd been a while since I did a workshop with teens, and it was really inspiring.

And today: Canzine, from 1 to 7 pm at the Gladstone Hotel.

I'll have copies of my recent books and the Orphans CD, as well as all the issues of Peter O'Toole. Also going to sell off some older books at cheap-o prices.

Lots coming up: readings in Toronto, Calgary, Cobourg and Lethbridge. And I managed to get my completed short-story manuscript off to Melanie and Freehand this past week. The book is coming out in the spring, and there's still much to do.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home