08 May 2006

I'm reading in St. Catharines & Toronto this week! (And a kids' reading too!)

Haven't done readings in the neighbourhood in a while, but this week I have three:

GREY BORDERS READING SERIES
Tuesday, May 9, 7:30 pm

Featuring Alexandra Leggat, Emily Schultz & Stuart Ross
at The Merchant Ale House,
98 St. Paul St., St. Catharines
PWYC

I'll be reading some poetry, a rant or two, and maybe a little bitta fiction. Beware: there's an open mic!


A READING FOR KIDS
Wednesday, May 10, 4 pm

This one's for kids 8-15!

I've written some actual kids' poems for the occasion. And I think I'll read a few of my poems from The Thing in Exile, a book of poems by Steven Feldman, Mark Laba, and me that was published when we were 16 years old. Watch out, Dennis Lee!

Featuring Stuart Ross
at Flemington Park Library,
29 St. Dennis Dr., Toronto
Free



TORONTO WORDSTAGE READING SERIES
Thursday, May 11, 8 pm

Featuring Afua Cooper, Christopher Dewdney, Alison Chung & Stuart Ross
at Cervejeria,
842 College St., Toronto
PWYC

Who knows what I'll be reading? Do you know? I probably haven't written it yet.


I hope to see you at one of these events!

Over and out.

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 3:08 pm , Blogger MissWanda said...

You were in New Denver? How interesting. I just wrote a comparison paper on Steveston--Marlatt's and Livesay's accounts of the forced internment of those Japanese-Canadians after the bombing of Pearl Harbour. Next we meet, you'll have to tell me if you felt any remnants, although I'm sure it's been so long now. Marlatt's experience was in the early 70's, and then not in New Denver, in Steveston. But perhaps there are still surviving old shacks? How interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home