22 October 2005

Attack of the teen writers

In a few hours, just a few hours, I will be delivering the opening remarks for Toronto Public Library's Young Voices Writers Conference, a gathering for teen writers. Then I'll be doing blue pencil sessions all day, while writers including Edo Van Belkom (who I worked with 20 years ago at the York University paper Excalibur), Angela Rawlings, Marc Ngui, Clifton Joseph and Judith Thompson do workshops with the kids. I'll close the conference off with some writing tips and an excerpt from my novel progress.

This gig is connected to my position as Electronic Writer in Residence for TPL, which I've been doing since mid-September.

If I wasn't so dead tired right now, I'd be excited about it.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home