20 July 2005

A novel happening

I can't remember the last time I finished reading an entire novel. Oh yes, I can. About 10 minutes ago. A fat mystery novel by George P. Pelecanos called Hell To Pay. It was a gripping read, though a little sappy at times. Some great street lingo. My favourite word in it is "sumshit." As in "You know, sumshit like that."

I aspire to finish reading another novel this year. I leave so many things only begun. And not just novels.

I told the Word folks I would no longer write the Hunkamooga column for them. Only three times a year, published online -- just didn't feel right to me. Hoping I can continue my association with Word, in some form. Hoping I can find a new home for Hunkamooga. Any ideas?

Perhaps I'll put up a recent poem tomorrow. That would make me feel like a writer again.

Over and out.

4 Comments:

At July 26, 2005 12:57 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring on the poetry stu!
hey, how long do we have to wait for a pome?
come on already...i bet you got
millions of 'em.
(last time i finished a book
that wasn't poetry was
"confessions of a small press racketeer"
and i thought it was damn brilliant
...except for the quiz which made me feel
inferior but i guess i had
that coming)

 
At July 26, 2005 12:58 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring on the poetry stu!
hey, how long do we have to wait for a pome?
come on already...i bet you got
millions of 'em.
(last time i finished a book
that wasn't poetry was
"confessions of a small press racketeer"
and i thought it was damn brilliant
...except for the quiz which made me feel
inferior but i guess i had
that coming)

 
At July 26, 2005 12:59 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i repeat myself when under stress
i repeat myself when under stress
i repeat myself when under stress

 
At August 02, 2005 2:59 pm , Blogger Kate S. said...

Stuart,

I understand why you pulled your column, but I do hope that you find a new print home for it. It was my favourite part of word!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home