24 January 2011

Another stupid book trailer, plus Snowball, Mansfield, Queen's

OK, so I did some book trailers in the fall. A couple of them ended up on Huffington Post, which was pretty thrilling. In one case, my number of "views" went from about 150 to about 3,700.

Here's my new trailer.



Meanwhile, looking at the final final final pages for Snowball, Dragonfly, Jew, due out this spring with ECW Press. Don't know what will happen with this book, but I'm curious to find out.

Also working on the new spring titles for Mansfield, both under my "a stuart ross book" imprint: Campfire Radio Rhapsody, the second poetry collection by Robert Earl Stewart of Windsor, and Mongrel, a first novel by Marko Sijan, also of Windsor, though he now lives in Montreal. The two books create a pretty dark image for Detroit's neighbour. And, although I know I'm biased, they are both brilliant books.

My next task is to convince Mansfield publisher Denis De Klerck to put my imprint logo on the back of the book instead of just the copyright page. Right?

Last week, I sent in the stats on my Queen's residency. I had 85 appointments with about 30 different people; presented seven readings; conducted about eight workshops; produced six publications; gave about six readings. I produced three short stories, about a dozen poems, and one personal essay; did the final edits on my novel, too.

I made a lot of very good friends, too.

Over and out.

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2011 8:00 pm , Blogger M.D. Dunn said...

hey, what gives!
I've already this new book and it's not even finished yet? That's false advertising.
Looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home