01 May 2010

Thanks!

Big thanks to all of you who voted for me online for the Alberta Readers Choice Award. The winner will be announced on May 14. I'll wait to see whether they're offering to fly me out.

Meanwhile, here I am in New Denver. Great week teaching at the school here. Thursday night was a blast with the elementary-school coffeehouse over at Silverton Hall. Last night was the secondary-school coffeehouse, with great readings by Michelle, Sadye, Angelo and Danika — a very small contingent of students, but all four read really well and had very strong work. Also readings by me, Murray Kimber, Mitchell Scott, and Celia Gunn.

Today: off to Burton for an afternoon reading, along with some local writers, at the high school. Always great to visit a new community, read my work there, and here the work of locals.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 9:45 pm , Blogger Evie Christie said...

Good luck, Stuart! Hope you win.

 
At May 13, 2010 12:17 pm , Anonymous mark d dunn said...

If you win, can i borrow 20 bucks?
Best of luck, Stuart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home