20 February 2008

Cars

Sent in the final final final of the Dead Cars in Managua manuscript today. Yikes.

My last chance to make any changes will be on the page proofs I expect to get within a couple of weeks.

And then it will go to press.

And then I will have a new book.

I will be showered with gold pieces.

I will be carried through the streets on the shoulders of the adoring masses.

I will appear on Oprah and The Friendly Giant. Also My Mother the Car.

This is what a writer can expect when a new book is published.

The first car I ever owned was the station wagon that had belonged to my mother.

Over and out.

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 11:37 am , Blogger John MacDonald said...

Yes, I can then finally sell photos of you for untold sums of money. Gobs of it. After which, I could stop eating ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Best of luck! I am counting on you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home