11 April 2007

Tonight: Sandra Alland and Tom Walmsley!

Back in Toronto after my NY education.

And very excited about tonight's BookThug launch at Clinton's Tavern.

New poetry books by two very dear friends: Sandra Alland and Tom Walmsley. Two more different (good) poets I cannot think of, but I've read both their books, and they're both terrific.

Interestingly, both of these poets have theatre connections: In fact, I met Sandra a buncha years ago when she was working the box office at the Theatre Centre on an evening when Gary Barwin was involved in some kinda theatrical shindig. (In a recent blog entry, she said that I came over to her place and made her my "bachelor" mac'n'cheese recipe. Actually, I made her mac'n'cheese according to my dear departed mom's recipe: made normally, then fried so there are all these little crispy bits. Only way I'd eat it when I was a kid.) Tom is probably best known as a playwright, though he's written three previous books of poetry, a couple of novels, and a screenplay or three.

Gonna be a great night tonight.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 6:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Tom Go!

 
At April 13, 2007 8:11 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

must have been a good but long night. two days later and still waiting for the stu-review...sandra and tom...both, of course, frenz uv bill and radiant dansers i look forward to meeting someday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home