21 September 2005

OK, gotta get organized!

To-do list:

Finish copyediting the winning entries for This Magazine's literary contest.

Send $400.45 to ECW Press for 30 more copies of Hey, Crumbling Balcony!

Write blurb for Bookthug book by Danish poet.

Avoid turning on CNN.

Become anxious about October 1 trip to Yellowknife.

Complete application for Canada Council Grant: October 1 deadline.

Come up with new name for my Centauri Summer Arts Camp 2006 writing programme.

Drop off Kat Biscuits flyers to Sandra at This Ain't the Rosedale Library.

Finish my goddamn novel.

Clean my apartment.

Complete letter in support of Dutton to the League of Canadian Poets ghouls.

Pay my phone bill.

Pester the woman in Yellowknife about having some paid gigs there during my week in town.

Critique the two submissions I've so far received from teens in my capacity as Electronic Writer in Residence for Toronto Public Libraries.

Phone my mom's friend Anne.

Phone my mom's friend Norma.

Phone my cousin Carla.

Phone my cousin Bev.

Leave another message for my brother Barry.

Put up more posters for the art show Dana curated.

Shave.

Phone Hunter in Edmonton about possible reading there.

Send off my registration for the Toronto Small Press Book Fair.

Send off my registration for the Hamilton Small Press Book Fair.

Revive my interview with Joel Lewis for the next issue of Syd & Shirley.

Write Jeff & Rox about Walmsley's poem and how they shouldn't have rejected it.

Thank Laurie Fuhr for the review of Surreal Estate in Filling Station.

Thank Tanis MacDonald for the review of Confessions of a Small Press Racketeer in Prairie Fire Online.

Congratulate Clint Burnham on his gig writing art reviews for whichever Vancouver daily he's now writing art reviews for.

Drop Chile brochures off at Beth Follett's place.

Read short stories by exiled Bosnian writer whose short stories I said I'd read.

Oh god, there are a million other things to do, too, but now I'm too depressed.

I think I'll turn on CNN.

Over and out.

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2005 10:34 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well well...we're all ears. we love tom. doesn't mean we can't change our minds. we're reasonable sorts who will listen to reason. and hey, that sounds so harsh, especially in light of the fact, no official rejection messages have been sent to anyone. so yeah, after you watch sky blue spark the runway for the 50th time or rita spinning on time lapse for the 800th time or the price of oil gas burning a hole in your pocket or greenspan trying to fudge his way out of a global depression or cindy marching on washington or how much water will it take to break a broken levee...send us the word. we always listen to uncle stu. as always, we're in your corner. keep swinging.

 
At September 22, 2005 7:38 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for more Walmsley *and* higher gas oil prices burning holes into our pockets. Long live Dr. Tin.

 
At September 22, 2005 10:42 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

see stu, the masses are already starting to rebel. i hope it turns into a revolution of epic proportions. viva la revolooshn! viva walmsley! viva rita! viva stu's unfinished novel! viva beans and rice! viva viva!
viva equinox! viva old rottenhat! viva hot showers! viva fuckpissshit!!! viva bedtime! viva lexington hero!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home