29 May 2005

Moss (A Rolling Stone Gathers No)

I'm in Moss now, at Galleri F15, for the opening of Idea of the North. In the mad rush to leave Oslo this morning, I left behind 5 shortwave radios needed for Dana's show. Luckily, she already had 2 at the gallery, and there are some others kicking around here. Oh, the idiot I can be!

The opening is in three hours, so there is much activity. Up in the galleries, I imagine some artists are having nervous breakdowns, perhaps throwing mad fits and destroying walls, windows, and various gizmos. Otherwise, they are very nice folks.

I'd like to come back to Norway sometime, and really do some exploration. Yesterday I poked around a big bookstore and found a few Norwegian novelists whose work appears in English. The interesting ones: Linn UIllmann, Ingvar Ambjørnsen, Finn Carling. I'll explore them further when I get home.

Weird to think that in two days I'll be in Paris, and I'll be thinking Paris instead of thinking Oslo. This whole travelling thing is rather odd, don't you think?

Better run now before the person whose office I have commandeered arrives to work.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2005 10:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hurried note yesterday with my first blog reply merely a test. meant to say, hope you're having a great time, that you'll treat us to a few phrases in norweigian when you get home.

travelling is a nomadic displacement of the familiar with possibilities for the opening of spirit, do you think so?
after a great opening, artists fly forth...

 
At May 29, 2005 3:28 pm , Blogger rob mclennan said...

stuart -- enjoying yr new blog! ill get a link up to it from my site when i can. looking forward to yr european poems after you get home. ah, paris in the springtime, as they say. is there nothing finer?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home